Benefits and Importance of a Backwash Cycle.
The backwash is accomplished by sending the water down the riser tube from which it enters the filter tank at the bottom. The force of the water is such that it actually lifts the media bed, swirling and tossing the granular medium. The water leaves the filter tank through the control valve, which routes it through the filter's drain line. Particles that were in the bed are washed to drain. The backwash is an intense rinsing and tossing of the medium that lasts for several minutes. In a standard residential filter, a typical backwash lasts about ten minutes.
Mediaguard is mounted between the control valve and the tank, exhibiting consistently superior KDF Process Media as pretreatment media to improve the performance and economy of your water softener system.
Mediaguard with KDF 55 medium is truly an economic pretreatment unit which is able to turn your water Filter into a high performance water purification system by reducing or removing chlorine, heavy metals, and inhibits bacteria growth from water without adding chemicals.
KDF 55 Process Media can remove up to 99% of water-soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals, . All KDF Process Media forms are effective in controlling the buildup of bacteria, algae, fungi and scale, making them ideal for use in GAC beds, ion exchange resins, carbon block filters and inline carbon filters.
This kit includes the following:
- 10" x 54" Mineral Tank (Almond,Black or Blue)
- TIMER control valve
- Distribution Tube
- Carbon media 1.5 cu ft.
- KDF55 Media Guard
- 10" x 54" Mineral Tank
- In/Out Valve
- Distrbutor tube + Media Pre-Installed
Scale Prevention System (New Technology)
- NO lime scale build-up on pipes, fixtures or appliances and can even remove existing scale in some cases!
- Easy Installation, Two Connections, Simple pipe in /pipe out!
- Saves water no backwash required simple flow through to point of use!
- NO power required NO timer or backwash cycle!
- NO chemicals or salt required!
- NO maintenance! NO drain required!
- Will not harm the environment; adds or removes nothing from the water while giving the benefits of soft water!
- Saves energy by eliminating the need to heat through insulating scale and save money by extending the life of pipes and appliances!
- The essential calcium and magnesium nutrients removed by traditional water softeners remain and there is no sodium added as with traditional softeners to aggravate cardiovascular or other health problems.
- 50% less soap and detergents required and enjoy whiter whites and brighter colors without hard water stains!
- Fits in limited space one small tank no brine tanks or large regeneration tanks!
How It Works
- Calcium ions, magnesium ions and bicarbonate ions in untreated water form scale on the inside walls of pipe, exterior of fixtures and on heating surfaces because crystallization is not taking effect efficiently between the ions due to their suspension between water molecules and the need to come together in the proper alignment to form crystals. Therefore they form as scale on the surfaces of the water system.
- The system is a simple “physical water treatment” known as TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization) Template=mold, guide or pattern. Assisted=Help or make easy. Crystallization form a definite shape.
- Inside the TAC treatment tank are porcelain beads with the atomic level pattern of the crystal etched on their surface allowing for the calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate ions to come together on the template to created millions of microscopic crystals of scale that rapidly form and are released from the bead immediately into the treated water, not forming on the contact surfaces of the water system and are carried downstream in suspension through the water system.
- The crystal formation on the microscopic crystals (seed crystals) created on the beads and released in the water stream are the lowest energy reaction possible between the ions therefore existing scale will be dissolved back into the water stream by reacting with and forming crystals.
- The seed crystals are constantly being formed on the beads and released as catalyst for crystal growth in the water steam.
- Crystallization is the process that the “magnet process” and “electrical charging of water” claim to achieve. But by independent testing the electrical and magnetic methods are a maximum of 60% effective at scale prevention leaving an unacceptable level of 40% scaling. The TAC method is tested at 99.9% efficient at scale prevention and removal.