BIG BLUE 4.5" x 20" CARTRIDGE.
BIG BLUE Filter to Remove Iron/Manganese/Sulfur/Rotten Egg Smell Cartridge, KDF85
20" x 4.5" for Sulfur, Iron, Bacteria, Rotten Egg Smell
THIS FILTER CARTRIDGE WILL FIT BIG BLUE HOUSING 20" Canisters
SPECIAL MIX OF ACTIVATED CARBON , BIRM AND KDF85
KDF 85 Medium Removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies. Also controls scale, bacteria and algae.
iron / hydrogen sulfide reduction filter contains a combination of KDF85 media and coconut shell activated carbon. The KDF85 effectively reduces dissolved iron and hydrogen sulfide odor over a wider pH range than possible with standard oxidation filters such as manganese greensand, thereby protecting your plumbing system including toilets, bath tubs and showers, and appliances such as clothes washers and dishwashers, from unsightly staining and odor. The activated carbon removes organic contaminants to substantially improving water clarity, taste, and odor. It does NOT add any harmful chemicals to the water, making it completely safe for drinking water applications.
- low cost iron filter
- water filter cartridge easy to replace cartridge - no media regeneration necessary!
- backwashing not required NO backwashing required!
- effective pH level effective over a wide pH range of 6.5 to 8.5
- remove rotten egg smell also removes manganese and hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell)
- safe iron filter does not add harmful bi-products to your drinking water
- iron water stain prevents staining of laundry and plumbing system including you shower and tub
- septic water system will not harm your septic system
- carbon filter filter features built-in granular activated carbon post-filter for the removal of a wide range of organic contaminants and better tasting water.
- bacteriostatic filter filter media inhibits bacteria growth (bacteriostatic)
Application: This system should be employed where low to moderate ferrous (dissolved) iron or hydrogen sulfide contamination is known or expected (hydrogen sulfide produces a distinct rotten egg / sulfur odor). This filter is most effective where iron and hydrogen sulfide levels are less than 5 ppm. Best contaminant removal rates are achieved where the pH is between 6.5 and 8.5 and where the water contains some dissolved oxygen. This filter will also remove ferric iron through mechanical filtration, although a sediment filter may be a more cost effective choice.
The life of the filter cartridge depends on the contamination level (iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide levels) and amount of water consumed on a daily basis. The expected filter life for a typical residential application is about 20,000 gallons (75,500 L). For best results and longest filter-life, a sediment pre-filter is recommended.
What types of contaminants are you dealing with?
|rusty red or brown staining of fixtures or laundry and/or your water has a metallic taste
|black staining of fixtures or laundry
|rotten egg smell from water
||Hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
How it Works: KDF85 media acts as a catalyst to change soluble iron (ferrous) cations into insoluble ferric hydroxide which becomes trapped in the filter. The hydrogen sulfide is converted into an insoluble sulfide precipitate which is then similarly trapped and filtered. Ferric iron is removed by mechnical filtration.
|Specifications & Operating Conditions:
|Maximum Recommended Flow Rate
||3 Gallons Per Minute (11 LPM)
|Recommended Operating Temp. Range:
||40-100°F (4.4 to 37°C)
|Maximum Recommended Pressure
||90 PSI (6.2 bar)
|Required pH level:
||6.5 to 8.5
|Recommended Dissolved Oxygen :
||Iron level in ppm x 0.6
|Maximum Recommended Iron Level:
||5 ppm (mg/l)